- Nikhil Siddhartha's Winning Streak Continues: First Look of His 20th Film Unveiling Today
- Hyderabad: Traffic restrictions imposed amid Telangana Formation Day on Friday
- PL Sector Report - Agro Chemicals - Sector Update – Global agrochemicals - Weak quarter; bleak near term outlook
- Dulquer Salmaan and Rana Daggubati Collaborate for a Telugu-Tamil Bilingual Film?
- Online Food Delivery Platforms’ Profitability Focus Evident during IPL 2023, with modest 7% spike in business: Redseer Strategy Consultants
- PM Modi Criticized Congress During A Rally In Rajasthan
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 01-06-2023
- Telangana: Fire breaks out at a hospital in Banswada
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 01-06-2023
- Nothing Phone (2): Company reveals the display, battery, and chipset
5 Actors Needed To Create Deadpool's Colossus
Wired magazine published a video demonstrating how five different performers were used to create the gigantic, metallic-covered X-Men character, Colossus, in 20th Century Fox\'s Deadpool.
Wired magazine published a video demonstrating how five different performers were used to create the gigantic, metallic-covered X-Men character, Colossus, in 20th Century Fox's Deadpool.
"To capture the motion of the character there was a motion-capture in-studio session done, but there was also a separate 6-foot-9-inch performer filmed on location in a classic grey tracking suit. Although, he still wasn't tall enough, and had to wear either platform shoes or extra head piece for height. But Colossus's face was modeled on a third performer with a much more chiseled jawline. A fourth performer actually redid all of the dialogue lines. But even then, the actual facial animation of those lines were delivered by somebody else, Digital Domain's Greg Laselle, who was filmed using their proprietary Mova rig. The rig works using ultraviolet light to pick up special spattered paint, which produce incredibly accurate facial models. Though of course those are incredibly accurate facial models of Greg who doesn't look anything like Colossus, so Digital Domain has to re-target this performance to the metallic model. For this, Digital Domain uses their new Direct Drive system. Which the name implies, allows Greg's performance to drive the CG face, while still maintaining high-frequency, subtle movements."
Check out their detailed visual effects breakdown of Colossus in the video below.
Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.