GITAM admission test at 50 Indian cities
GITAM TEST GAT2019 will be conducted for admission to B Tech, B Arch, B Pharm,M Tech, M Arch, and M Pharm, programmes offered at Visakhaptnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru campuses for the academic year 201920
Hyderabad: GITAM ADMISSION TEST (GAT-2019) will be conducted for admission to B Tech., B Arch., B Pharm.,M Tech., M Arch., and M Pharm., programmes offered at Visakhaptnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru campuses for the academic year 2019-20.
- The University offers 10 B Tech., 19 M Tech., programs and two dual degree programs in engineering.
- The Aerospace engineering is being offered at Hyderabad campus and Biotechnology at Visakhapatnam campus.
- The B Arch., and B Pharm., programs are offered at Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad campuses.
- The M Arch., and M Pharm., programs are offered at Visakhapatnam campus.
Starting new programme:
- Keeping in view of growing demand in electronics industry GITAM is starting a new program M Tech., in Electronics Design and Technology at Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad campuses from 2019 academic year.
- The Online Admission Test for all these programs will be conducted All Over India at 50 centres from 10th to 22nd April 2019.
- The candidate can apply online from 9th November 2018 through www.gitam.edu
- GAT-2019 applications are also available at Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank branches throughout India.
- The registration fee for boys is Rs.1000/- and Rs.600/- for girls.
- Last Date to apply for GAT-2019 is 30th March 2019
- Online slot booking for GAT-2019 will be opened on 5th, 6th , 7th April 2019.
- The candidate can download hall ticket from gitam website on 5th Arpil 2019 onwards.
- GAT-2019 ranks will be announced on 26th April 2019
- The counselling for admissions will be held in the second week of May 2019.
Details of GAT-2019:
- The duration of the test is 2 hours and there will be 3 slots per day during the test dates at various centres.
- The test consists of 100 objective type multiple choice questions in Mathematics (40), Physics (30), Chemistry (30). Each question carries 4 marks.
- There is negative mark in the test. One mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer.
- The candidates can download the GAT-2019 syllabus from www.gitam.edu
- Candidates seeking admission to B Arch., program should qualify in NATA or JEE (Main).
GITAM offers `20 crore worth merit scholarships
GITAM (Deemed to be University) has decided to offer Rs.20 crore worth of merit scholorships from 2019 academic year to encourage the meritorious students at all India level This was announced here on Friday by GITAM Vice-Chancellor Prof MS Prasada Rao at a press conference conducted at GITAM Vizag City Centre.
He informed that the university is giving free education to top rankers in GITAM Admission Test-2019 and other entrance tests like JEE Main exam, AP-EAMCET, TELANGANA-EAMCET, KCET, KOMEDK. He highlighted the following points during the press meet.
i)Fee concession to top 500 rankers of GAT-2019 for admission to B Tech., programs. 1 to 10 rankers will get 100% fee concession, 11 to 100 rankers will get 75% fee concession, 101 to 500 rankers will get 50% fee concession. Fee concessions will be continued for the subsequent years, subject to scoring 8.5 and above CGPA every year.
ii)Fee concession will be provided to directly admitted toppers into B.Tech. programs through other common entrance tests:
JEE Main Ranks: 1 to 250 rankers will get 100 % fee concession, 251 to 2500 rankers will get 75% fee concession, 2501 to 6000 rankers will get 50% fee concession.
AP EAMCET & TS EAMCET Ranks: 1 to 50 rankers will get 100 % fee concession, 51 to 500 rankers will get 75% fee concession, 501 to 2000 rankers will get 50% fee concession.
iii)Scholarships will be provided to all the candidates admitted into B Pharm., M Pharm., M Arch., and M Tech., programs.
iv)Merit Scholarships will be awarded to top 2% of B Tech., students in each department of GITAM Institutes @Rs 50,000/- per year subject to scoring 8.0 and above CGPA every year.
v)Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious M Tech., and M Pharm., students
@Rs 50,000/- per annum.
vi)25% seats are reserved for meritorious students of Karnataka State entrance tests: KCET, COMEDK rankers for admission to B Tech., programs at Bengaluru campus.