- Adobe brings Firefly generative image creator to enterprises globally
- Children, among 8, injured in mass stabbing attack in France
- Google launches 4 generative consulting offerings to help clients use AI
- Brain tumour cases rising 'steadily' in India, 20% are children: Doctors
- Naga Shaurya, Pawan Basamsetti, Sudhakar Cherukuri, SLV Cinemas Rangabali Teaser Unveiled
- Rohit Sharma is here to guide and inspire you every step of the way
- Southwest Monsoon arrives in Kerala, likely to enter Rayalaseema in a week
- WhatsApp launches new feature 'Channels' for broadcast messages
- Philippines' Mayon volcano 'quietly erupting'
- Delhi High Court stays Centre's suspension of registration certificates, quota assigned to HGOs
Degree and professional courses to set up more flexible curriculum to support student success
In an effort to produce more well rounded graduates with diverse interests, the Telangana collegiate and techinical education department is set to introduce a list of subjects and combinations to make the curriculum more versatile This is in addition to the mandatory massive online open courses MOOCS With the introduction of these reforms, degree and professional college students will have t
In an effort to produce more well-rounded graduates with diverse interests, the Telangana collegiate and techinical education department is set to introduce a list of subjects and combinations to make the curriculum more versatile. This is in addition to the mandatory massive online open courses( MOOC'S) . With the introduction of these reforms, degree and professional college students will have the flexibility to learn from a range of topics such as soft-skills and liberal arts among others.
Navin Mittal , the commissioner of Collegiate and techinical education said " From the ensuing academic year the curriculum willnot be rigid. skill based subjects such as communications will be introduced as part of curriculum. Not just this, but student will also be able to choose subjects from cross discilpinary subjects like basic computers and information technology essentials, technical writing, liberal arts, life skills, interview and group discussion skills, interview and group discussion skills are among few subjects that are likely to be added. For example if the students have to choose 3- 4 slots offered by the colleges. Each slot will have a range of subjects to choose from. Until now we have a fixed combination. From the ensuing academic year, we will be diving all the subjects in different slots so that the combinations are not so rigid. said Mittal, adding that even the science students will have an opprtunity to study commerce or arts subjects vice-versa.
During the conclave, experts from the higher education sector deliberated upon topics such as best practices and innovation, employability,and entrepreneurship, vocational education and training programmes, information communication technology and skill development.