- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker accepts Congress MLA S. Vijayadharani's resignation
Babu continues to play role of Good Samaritan
High drama at AP Bhavan New Delhi: TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday continued to help AP victims from the floods-ravaged Uttarakhand, by...
High drama at AP Bhavan New Delhi: TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday continued to help AP victims from the floods-ravaged Uttarakhand, by handing over air tickets for returning home and Rs 3,000 cash, each, to several of them. Naidu, who continued to camp in the Capital, came to AP Bhavan and visited the victims in their rooms in Godavari Block. He enquired about their health condition and their travel plans. Naidu is keen on meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to discuss the issue of rescue and relief to the people belonging to Andhra Pradesh. But the PM is away on a visit to Jammu & Kashmir. Naidu said he would continue to extend any kind of help till the last pilgrim from Uttarakhand returns home. The TDP, he said, has stationed pointsmen in Haridwar, Gangotri and Harsil, to reach out to stranded Telugu pilgrims and make arrangements for their safe return. A day after chartering a plane on Monday night for the victims, he handed over air tickets to those who expressed a desire to return home immediately. For their sundry expenses, he even handed over Rs 3,000 each. There was high drama on Tuesday when some officials disrupted medical camps being run by the NTR Memorial Trust. Ahead of Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy's scheduled visit, A P Bhavan officials threw out the medicines and other paraphernalia. TDP Parliamentary Party leader Nama Nageswara Rao and the TDP Parliamentary Party in-charge Satyanarayana protested to State Minister for Civil Supplies D Sridhar Babu. Immediately, the TDP was allowed to set up the medical camps once again. When Naidu raised the issue, the AP Bhavan officials expressed regrets. The TDP chief rued the State Government was trying to spoil his visit. If a medical camp is being run, he wondered, what the State Government's problem is. There could be competition in delivering relief work but nothing should be done to mar the relief work, Naidu said, adding, if more medical camps are run, then the people will have greater choice and better facilities available to them.