Diesel price up by 50 paise per litre
Diesel price was on Monday hiked by 50 paisa per litre, the sixth increase in rates this year. The...
Diesel price was on Monday hiked by 50 paisa per litre, the sixth increase in rates this year. The increase in rates, which are excluding local sales tax or VAT, will be effective from midnight tonight, Indian Oil Corporation said. Diesel in Delhi will cost Rs. 50.84 per litre from Tuesday as against Rs. 50.26 currently. Oil firms on Saturday hiked petrol price by Rs. 1.82 per litre, excluding VAT, as rupee depreciation made import of crude oil costlier. State-owned oil firms had been in January authorised to raise diesel prices by up to 50 paisa per litre every month till entire losses on the fuel are wiped out. In Mumbai, price has been hiked by 62 paisa to Rs. 57.61 while in Kolkata it will cost Rs. 55.16 a litre from Tuesday as against Rs. 54.57 currently. Chennai will see a price increase of 61 paisa to Rs. 54.15 a litre.
- Lok Sabha polls: Only 5 super rich candidates taste victory, richest one loses deposit
- BJP will follow tit for tat policy to counter TMC : Dilip Ghosh
- Modi's mega swearing-in ceremony likely on May 30
- Maharashtra Lok Sabha poll: BJP move to replace 6 sitting MPs pays off
- Lok-Sabha Results: Congress deserted after favorable verdict for BJP