Jagan Reddy's custody extended till July 15
A special CBI court in Hyderabad today extended the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan...
A special CBI court in Hyderabad today extended the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and others till July 15 in a corruption case. The Kadapa MP, lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison in Hyderabad since May 27 last year after his arrest by CBI, appeared before the court through a video-link with his co-accused Vijay Sai Reddy, former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and others. Court extended their judicial custody by 14 days. The case relates to alleged investments made by industrialists in Mr Reddy's companies when his father, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the chief minister (2004-09), by way of a quid pro quo for government favours. The court also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in the Obalapuram Mining Company illegal mining case as they appeared before it through video-conference from the Chanchalguda jail. Similarly, the court also extended the judicial custody of Sunil Reddy, an accused in the Emaar scam, till July 15.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard