- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Cong failed on welfare fronts: Vijayamma
Urges Kiran Kumar Reddy government to rush relief to flood victims Visits Adilabad district to see crop losses Consoles flood victims in...
Urges Kiran Kumar Reddy government to rush relief to flood victims
- Visits Adilabad district to see crop losses
- Consoles flood victims in Pendalwada
- Urges govt to compensate farmers
- Unfair conduct of Cong in Panchyat polls
Adilabad: YSR Congress Party Honorary President Y S Vijayamma claimed here on Saturday that the Congress government fearing loss was holding the non-party panchayat elections. Speaking to press persons, she said that like in the case of the cooperative polls, the ruling party was claiming that the winners in the panchayat elections were its supporters and tom-toming its victory. The Congress was resorting to all irregularities, as it had done during the cooperative elections, she alleged. Party leaders Konda Surekha, Janak Prasad and former MP A Indrakaran Reddy accompanied her.
Earlier, after consoling the flood victims in Pendalwada of Jainath mandal, Vijayamma said she was pained by the people's plight in the affected areas. She appealed to the government to go to the rescue of farmers by paying compensation for the loss. Vijayamma said she would soon write a letter to the government, while claiming that farmers were better off during the administration headed by her husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who she said was their messiah. She alleged that there was none to bother about the plight of ryots.
YSR, she asserted, launched many welfare scheme without imposing any taxes. The schemes included pensions to the aged and disabled and houses for the poor. She alleged that the Congress government had failed to take up any welfare scheme. The YSRCP leader suggested construction of lower Penganga project to prevent floods and submergence of crops. Her party activists would extend support to farmers when the issue of payment of compensation would be raised.
She alleged that her son Y S Jaganmohan Reddy was jailed as part of a conspiracy by the ruling party which suspected that he would be able to win 18 Assembly bye-elections. "Is it his (Jagan) fault that he is the son of YSR," Vijayamma wondered aloud. She claimed that the CBI investigating the cases against Jagan had so far failed to produce any evidence against him.