- If Nitish Kumar becomes PM candidate, BJP will win LS poll easily: Sushil Modi
- Physician dies during duty
- Hooda promises to fill 2L posts if Cong returns to helm in Haryana
- Nearly 400 lions died in Gujarat in three years, unnatural causes behind some deaths
- Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, Periodic Spy thriller Devil Releasing Worldwide on December 29th
- Empowering Lives: Jamiatul Falah's Initiative to Provide Free Artificial Limbs in B.C. Road
- APPSC notification to fill Group-II posts
- Gujarat CM unveils 22 development projects
- Experimental Film '1134' To Release On December 15th
- BJP objects to Nawab Malik 'joining' Ajit Pawar-led NCP faction
Digvijay will dilute Telangana stir: BJP
Bharatiya Janata Party national general secretary Muralidhar Rao alleged here on Monday that appointment of Digvijay Singh as the incharge person of...
Bharatiya Janata Party national general secretary Muralidhar Rao alleged here on Monday that appointment of Digvijay Singh as the incharge person of Andhra Pradesh was a conspiracy to dilute the Telangana movement. "Digvijay would destroy the unity among parties who were striving for Telangana and the votes in Telangana would be vertically divided," he added.
The BJP leader went to the Pulichintala Project area and met the displaced persons to listen to their woes on Monday. Talking to newsmen, he said that Digvijay Singh would work for the victory of Congress in the forthcoming elections and he was appointed to achieve that purpose. "Digvijay might bring about a compromise formula with MIM to make an alliance again with Congress," he said.
He warned Telangana people that the Congress would once again deceive them with empty promises. He predicted the victory of NDA in the general elections and assured the people of Telangana that the separate state would be formed by the BJP. "Throughout the country, people were fed up with the Congress," he asserted.
Hailing the leadership of Narendra Modi, he said that he was an able administrator and that was why he was appointed as the head of propaganda committee. Regretting the fact that the JD(U) left the NDA and said that there were no permanent friends and enemies in politics. He said that he learnt the problems of Pulichintala displaced persons. "The BJP had a nation-wide policy to solve the problems of displaced persons," he added.
Referring the escalating expenditure for the project, he said that the original estimate of Rs. 600 crore had gone up to Rs. 2000 crore. "About 1500 families in Nemalipuri, Vellaturu, Sobhanadripuram and Chintriyala villages were displaced and so far only thirty families received relief," he said.
Referring to the statement of the chief minister that shutters would be fit to the project in two months and water would be released, he said that the displaced persons who were still staying in the villages would suffer heavy loss. He demanded that shutter should be fit to the project only displaced persons were properly rehabilitated with ex gratia. He warned the government of a massive agitation if they were not rehabilitated. BJP district president Veerelli Chandrasekhar was also present.