- Rajamahendravaram: All house plot beneficiaries to get title deeds
- Tirupati: Lord Govindaraja Swamy blesses devotees from Sarvabhoopala Vahanam
- Jaganannaku Chebudam draws huge response in Nellore, Kadapa
- Tirupati: MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy takes out bike rally
- Bengaluru: Education department issues guidelines for reopening of schools
- Madanapalle medical college works move at a snail’s pace
- Bengaluru: DK Shivakumar meets Jagan Mohan Reddy’s sister Sharmila
- Parvathipuram: Extend support for development of villages, bankers told
- Srikakulam: N ChandraBabu Naidu harassed NTR, says Chinta Mohan
- Bengaluru: BBMP officials told to work honestly and keep a record of every work
Naidu calls upon youth to steer party to power Hyderabad : N Chandrababu Naidu was unanimously re-elected as the president of Telugu Desam Party for...
Naidu calls upon youth to steer party to power
Hyderabad : N Chandrababu Naidu was unanimously re-elected as the president of Telugu Desam Party for a record ninth time at the two-day annual conclave 'Mahanadu' on Tuesday. A Addressing party workers on the occasion, Naidu gave a call to the youth to join politics to make the country a super power. He said only the youth had the power to change the society and rid it of all evils including the menace of corruption. He said if the youth join hands they can convert the state into a super power.
Announcing calendar of activities to be taken up till the party comes back to power in 2014, he said the rank and file should tighten their belt and work hard for the victory of the party starting from Panchayat elections to Lok Sabha elections. He called upon the leaders and the party activists to be amongst the people. He said a committee with mandal presidents will be constituted and they will be responsible to see that the party cadre takes up massive campaign programme. Naidu said the party woekrs should also take up 'Palle Palle Ku TDP' and expose the misdeeds of Congress, TRS and YSRCP which have been indulging in mudslinging against TDP.
Naidu also announced that all those who work hard for the party in the local body elections will be considered for tickets during assembly and Lok Sabha elections. He said it was a historical necessity to see that the party wins all the elections, and demanded that the Sarpanch elections be held on party basis.
Referring to the YSRCP, he said instead of leveling baseless allegations that TDP had connived with Congress and was influencing the courts to keep Jagan in jail, the party leaders should realize that they were facing problems because of the mistakes they had committed. The family which was selling away the house they had in Hyderabad is now worth thousands of crore. It needs to explain how they amassed so much of wealth, he said.
Naidu claimed that he was not big enough to influence the Judiciary. I do not even know who the judges are. He said that a commission will be constituted to recover the money they had siphoned off.A On TRS he said it never fought on any of the issues like Bhabali, Bayyaram, problems of beedi workers or gulf victims. In the name of sentiment they were resorting to blackmailing tactics. He said no force can put down TDP in the region.
Balayya flies into rage, tears into rival parties
Hyderabad: Indicating that he would be playing a bigger role in TDP, Nandamuri Balakrishna, the brother-in-law of party president N Chandrababu Naidu, on Tuesday went hammers and tongs at Congress party and listed its failures during the last nine years. A Speaking on the concluding day of the 32 Mahanadu held at Gandipet here, he said the Congress had failed failed to keep its promises and encouraged large-scale corruption.
The actor-turned-politician who had to leave the venue early on Monday not only spent the whole day at Gandipet but also delivered a fiery speech and called upon the party rank and file to bury hatchet and work for its victory in all elections. His speech received great applause in the form of whistles and claps.
Balakrishna said that the TDP was the only party which accorded utmost importance to all sections and religions during its nine-year rule. He said the government had miserably failed to maintain law and order. He also refer to the regime of NTR, and said that the credit for bringing in several reforms like equal rights to women, reservations in local body elections etc went to NTR.
He said TDP was not affected desertions of late and said it was rather infused with fresh blood. The young brigade led by N Lokesh were seen clapping when Balakrishna made these observations.A Balakrishna said, the reforms that were introduced during the TDP regime had benefited the common man immensely. The TDP regime is known for its "transparent" rule and had launched Prajala Vaddaku Palana, taking administration to the door step of the people.
Balakrishna said Congress had promised nine-hour free power to farmers but it not only failed to do so, but with its wrong policies it pushed the farmers into a deep crisis. They could not provide drinking water in rural areas, prices of all essential commodities had shot up, law and order conditions had deteriorated and the state went backwards by about 20 years, he criticised. At a time when the states like Bihar were were progressing, Andhra Pradesh had taken a beating, he said.
Criticising the TRS, he said it was working under the shadow of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. Calling upon the party workers to bury their differences and work hard for the victory of the party in all the elections that would take place from June, he asked them to explain to the people how YSRCP leader Jaganmohan Reddy had "amassed wealth." He said if that party came to power, it would unleash a reign of terror.
Kin pay rich tributes to NTR
Hyderabad: Rich tributes were paid to the legendary figure in Telugu films and Telugu Desam founder Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao on the occasion of his 90th birth anniversary on Tuesday.A TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu, his wife Bhuvaneswari, their son N Lokesh visited NTR Ghat and paid floral tributes to NTR. Later Harikrishna, Kalyan Ram, Junior NTR, D Purandeswari and other family members also paid rich tributes to the founder president of TDP separately. Purandeswari said, "Telugu people will always remember NTR, who was not only a great actor but he also redefined politics. I am proud to be his daughter. If there is rebirth I would wish to be born as NTRs daughter again."
NTR's wife Lakshmi Parvathi also paid floral tributes. She advised Naidu to carry all family members with him. She said he should introspect and find out the reasons for party's defeat in two successive elections. At Mahanadu, Naidu along with Balakrishna garlanded the statue of NTR and later cut a cake. He reiterated his demand that Bharat Ratna be awarded to NTR. Naidu said the party has been making this demand for past 15 years.
I wasn't invited to Mahanadu: Jr NTR
TDP says it might be due to communication gap
- "Ready to go even if invited now," he said at NTR Ghat
- Eyebrows raised over Harikrishna's absence on second day
- Hari says he will speak on family feuds at a later date
Hyderabad: It seems that the differences between the TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and Harikrishna have not yet subsided. Harikrishna was conspicuous by his absence at the Mahanadu on day two and his son Jr NTR said that he did not attend the Mahanadu as he had no invite.A Harikrishna who paid homage to NTR on his 90th birth anniversary along with his sons Kalyan Ram and Jr NTR, and other family members, told media that there were no differences between the Nara and Nandamuri family and said that it was a media creation.
When further questioned as to why he was not active in the Mahanadu, Harikrishna said he would not like to talk politics since this was not the occasion. "I will talk about the injustice done to the family at a later stage," he said but refused to further elaborate on it. He said he, however, strongly wishes that TDP comes back to power and that Naidu becomes the Chief Minister.
Jr NTR said that he had not attended the Mahanadu as he did not get any invite. "If I get an invite even now I am willing to attend the Mahanadu." He reiterated that he would campaign for the party if it wants him to do so. A When asked as to why Jr NTR was not invited, senior party leader Bandaru Satyanaryana Murty said that normally invitations are sent to politburo members and other delegates. Since Jr NTR is part of the family, he is welcome to participate in the Mahanadu and does not require any invitation. He said the family members of NTR are invited by Naidu himself. In this case, there might have been some communication gap, he added.
Harikrishna who made a brief appearance at Mahanadu on Monday chose to sit in the second row and did not come forward while lighting the lamp, though Naidu asked him to do so. He chose not to participate in the proceedings on Tuesday.
Mahanadu mum on economic reforms
- The very word 'reforms' missing in resolutions, speeches
Hyderabad: The just concluded Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Mahanadu completely avoided any reference to the vital issue of economic reforms which Naidu is used to harping on to extricate the State from economic mess. A The party convention held here for two days on May 27 and 28 passed as many as 13 resolutions on different issues and Naidu also made two speeches during the opening and concluding days, but the 'reforms' word figured nowhere.
In fact, ever since the party lost Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in 2004 , several party conclaves have been held but failed to discuss the subject. This is particularly glaring since it has been widely perceived that the primary reason for the electoral debacle at that time was the way the reforms were taken up.A Recently, Naidu has been saying that the reforms had created prosperity but since the fruits of it did not reach common people he was thinking of how to go about them.
In this backdrop, observers felt that Naidu may utilize the opportunity of Mahanadu to explain in detail to his party men as well as the people why his reforms had gone wrong and how he proposed to reach the fruits of reforms to common people. A But the subject was skirted altogether.
- TDP honours several prominent personalities from various fields on the occasion of the party founder's birth anniversary. Prominent among them are P Sitarama Sastry who wrote Pedda Bala Siksha encyclopedeia in Telugu for children, Suddala Ashok Teja, lyric writer, Kondaveeti Jyotirmayi for music, senior journalist Vasudeva Deekshitulu, Indian chess grandmaster Koneru Hampi, and former SVU Vice-Chancellor Prof A Kolakaluri Enoch.
- A mimicry on the opinions of Congress leaders like Sonia Gandhi, V Hanumantha Rao, Botcha Satyanaryana and Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy about TDP president NChandrababu Naidu proved to be a highlight at the Mahanadu. The skit included their opinion as political leaders reperesenting Congress party and their inner feelings once a machine which makes them speak the "truth" was attached to them.
- TDP activists presented a momento to Naidu wherein he was shown riding a bicycle showing victory symbol.
- The blood camp organised at Telugu Vijayam at Gandipet collected over 2,000 units of blood symbolising Naidu's walakathon of 2,800 km.
- The stage decorated with small photographs depicting the promises made by Naidu during his 'Vastunna Meekosam' A padayatra.
- Maintaining its high-tech image, TDP fully utilized social networking site Face Book to reach out to the society at large. A techie P Kiran has created 'Vote for TDP' account.
- District leaders who were asked to speak on organizational issues instead chose to deliver political speeches despite several reminders by Naidu that they should present the ground-level situation and suggest measures to improve party position.
- Lokesh continued to sit among the delegates on day two of Mahanadu.
- Vijayakumar Patrudu, son of TDP senior leader Ayyanna Patrudu, made his debut speech at Gandipet and enthralled the leades on the dais and the audience for his clarity of thought and speech. He was given a chance to speak immediately after Balakrishna spoke.