- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
TRS calls for Telangana shutdown over 'Chalo Assembly' arrests
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has called for a shut down in Telangana region tomorrow in protest against the alleged repressive measures adopted...
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has called for a shut down in Telangana region tomorrow in protest against the alleged repressive measures adopted by the Andhra Pradesh government vis-a-vis the 'Chalo Assembly' protest. Condemning the alleged arrests of Telangana supporters who wanted to participate in the 'Chalo Assembly' protest today, he demanded that they be released immediately. He appealed to the managements of educational institutions and commercial establishments to make the shut down a grand success. Several TRS, BJP MLAs and other leaders were detained by police while on their way to start the 'Chalo Assembly' rally. The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), under whose auspices the protest was called for, has alleged that the congress government has unleashed repressive measures to put down the 'Chalo Assembly' protest. BJP claimed in a release that its leaders Ch Vidyasagar Rao, K Laxman, Venkat Reddy and MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy were detained at Ashok Nagar in the city.