TRS calls for Telangana shutdown over 'Chalo Assembly' arrests
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has called for a shut down in Telangana region tomorrow in protest against...
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has called for a shut down in Telangana region tomorrow in protest against the alleged repressive measures adopted by the Andhra Pradesh government vis-a-vis the 'Chalo Assembly' protest. Condemning the alleged arrests of Telangana supporters who wanted to participate in the 'Chalo Assembly' protest today, he demanded that they be released immediately. He appealed to the managements of educational institutions and commercial establishments to make the shut down a grand success. Several TRS, BJP MLAs and other leaders were detained by police while on their way to start the 'Chalo Assembly' rally. The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), under whose auspices the protest was called for, has alleged that the congress government has unleashed repressive measures to put down the 'Chalo Assembly' protest. BJP claimed in a release that its leaders Ch Vidyasagar Rao, K Laxman, Venkat Reddy and MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy were detained at Ashok Nagar in the city.
- 60-yr-old BJP worker shot dead by Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh, party says political rivalry
- No meetings scheduled for Mayawati in Delhi today, will be in Lucknow: BSP
- Drama looms up over Kejriwal security jibe; BJP files case
- CEO hopes for raise of 3rd gender voter percentage in future
- One-way traffic plan to decongest roads