- Kanpur: Several women found wrongly availing widow’ pension in Uttar Pradesh
- Neemrana Steel’s production unit goes on stream in Sri City
- New Delhi: Haryana’s Ahirwal region BJP leader joins Congress
- YSRCP govt diverted Rs 13,364 cr Panchayat funds: BJP
- Tirupati: Cook healthy traditional dishes to avoid diseases
- APTDC revenue rises to Rs 163 cr in 2022-23
- Hypertension cured with stents in kidney arteries
- Vijayawada: Left demands rollback of power charges
- Women voluntarily supporting Naidu: Bhuvaneswari
- Ahmedabad: India will soon emerge as global economic powerhouse says PM Narendra Modi
YSRCP slams Naidu for 'nexus' with CM
Poses several questions to TDP supremo Hyderabad: Following strong allegations that Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu was...
Poses several questions to TDP supremo
Hyderabad: Following strong allegations that Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu was protecting the Congress government in the State, YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) on Thursday demanded Naidu to prove that he had no nexus with Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
In an open letter, the YSRCP demanded an explanation from Naidu on his 'connivance' with the Congress government in the State and posed questions to the TDP leader. The questions include: Naidu moved the no-confidence motion when YS Rajasekhara Reddy was the chief minister. But he (Naidu) is now backing Kiran Kumar Reddy's government? Naidu had opposed Kiran Kumar Reddy as a Speaker during YSR's regime, how is he (Kiran) eligible as a Chief Minister?
Why is Naidu not insisting for by-elections in the constituencies where the MLAs had been disqualified? Similarly, why is he not demanding for holding local body elections as per schedule? In a democratic set-up, holding elections for municipalities, mandal praja parishad, Zilla Parishad and Panchayats are a normal function. Why is Naidu showing fear and hesitation to mount pressure on the government to go for local body elections, the open letter questioned?
The other questions posed by the YSRCP in the letter include: Naidu repeatedly alleged that the Chief Minister and his brother were indulging in corrupt practices, and then could he explain why he was shielding the government? Why was he hesitating to complain to the Governor and the investigating agencies on the Kiran Kumar's corruption? When the Chief Minister was making allegations against him, why was Naidu silent? He made a hue and cry when YS Jaganmohan Reddy launched his TV and newspaper. Why was Naidu maintaining silence when the Chief Minister and the PCC chief owned TV channels, the open letter asked?