- Ruturaj Gaikwad from Chennai Super Kings has tied the knot with Utkarsha Pawar
- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- Srisailam temple gets 5 battery-operated vehicles
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Nellore: Kakani Govardhan Reddy lauds YSRCP rule as golden era for farmers
- Tirupati: Municipal Corporation of Tirupati standing panel gives nod for Rs 4 cr development works
Only Congress has vision for Hyderabad's development
Ending the Congress party GHMC poll campaign here on Sunday, the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president N Uttam Kumar Reddy made an effort to appeal to the voters by claiming that the Congress was the only party that had a clear vision for the development of Hyderabad city.
Hyderabad: Ending the Congress party GHMC poll campaign here on Sunday, the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president N Uttam Kumar Reddy made an effort to appeal to the voters by claiming that the Congress was the only party that had a clear vision for the development of Hyderabad city.
"While the TDP-BJP combine is dependent on Central funds, TRS has linked the development plans with loans from BRICS Bank. Both the Chief Ministers have used their skills to mislead the people. Neither TRS government in Telangana nor BJP-led NDA Government has done anything for Hyderabad during the last 20 months," he averred.
He claimed that the previous Congress government had developed world-class infrastructure in Hyderabad during its rule between 2004 and 2014, without any hype or publicity. “TRS Government has only made fake promises and staking claim on achievements of previous governments.
The Chief Minister and his son have been addressing prolonged press conferences and giving long interviews to television channels. Why do they need to talk so much if they have done something substantial for the city,” questioned TPCC chief. It was the Congress government that had completed of the projects such as the international airport, outer ring road and Expressway, he held.
Uttam Kumar Reddy also slammed Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) for seeking votes on communal grounds. He alleged that MIM leaders have tried to invoke religious sentiments in their last meeting. Having failed to answer the questions of basic development, the MIM leaders made a last-ditch effort to invoke religious feelings, he said. However, the people of Old City have realised that they were being exploited by the MIM, and, this time, they would vote for Congress party, he predicted.