Home Remedies For Arthritis
There is no cure for arthritis, but you can adopt a variety of coping techniques that will leave you more active and in control of your life. Here are some home remedies to help relieve discomfort and get you back into the swing of things. 1. Apple Cider Vinegar
There is no cure for arthritis, but you can adopt a variety of coping techniques that will leave you more active and in control of your life. Here are some home remedies to help relieve discomfort and get you back into the swing of things.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Thus, it is useful in relieving joint pain. Moreover, it helps remove the buildup of toxins in the joints and connective tissues.
• Take a cup of warm water.
• Mix one teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey in it.
• Drink this solution daily in the morning as it gives an alkalizing effect.
2. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a good source of magnesium that helps regulate the pH levels in the body. It is essential to balance the pH levels because certain inflammatory diseases such as arthritis are caused by high acidity levels in the body.
• Mix Epsom salt and fresh lemon juice in equal amounts to half a cup of warm water. Swallow one teaspoon of the mixture twice daily, one in the morning and one at night.
• You can also add two cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water and soak in it.
Massaging with mustard oil is considered excellent for getting rid of arthritis pain and inflammation. The oil works as a natural ointment and stimulates blood flow.
• Heat some mustard oil until it is slightly warm. If there is swelling, you can mix an equal amount of onion juice, too. Rub it gently over the painful joint. Then cover the joint with plastic wrap and apply warm towels. Repeat this remedy daily before going to bed for best results.
• You can also use a small amount of eucalyptus oil (helps with inflammation). Or, mix wintergreen oil and eucalyptus oil together and rub it on the joint. For this remedy, you do not need to apply hot compresses.
4. Fish Oil
The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and can help reduce pain.
• Simply consume one to two teaspoons of fish oil daily.
• Taking fish oil supplements in the morning on an empty stomach reduces morning stiffness.
Along with supplements, you should also eat cold-water fish and other natural products like flax seeds that are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Cherries are a very good source of magnesium and potassium, both of which help arthritis sufferers. Magnesium is a natural pain killer, and potassium helps reduce inflammation.
• Eat eight to 10 cherries daily. You can use canned, frozen or fresh cherries depending upon which is easily available.
• You can also drink cherry syrup. Boil some cherries in water for a few minutes until it creates a strong, sweet syrup. Drink this daily for a few months.
Today's Top Picks
18 Jun 2019 10:41 AM GMT