- Visakhapatnam: International Organic Mahotsav-2023 from June 2
- In a first, University of Edinburgh launches Hindi course
- How has India progressed in Educational technology?
- Sebi scraps registration of Karvy Stock Broking
- Investors offload in banking, metal stocks
- Country failed to make progress in any field: CPI
- Goldstone, Quantron in pact for mobility solutions
- Visakhapatnam: Rally, Zumba dance conducted on ‘World No-Tobacco Day’
- IMD issues 'yellow' alert for Delhi after rain
- GDP clocks 6.1% growth in Q4
Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago wants to hire 61 foreign workers
President Donald Trumps MaraLago Club wants to hire 61 foreign workers for its upcoming season, which begins in November
President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club wants to hire 61 foreign workers for its upcoming season, which begins in November.
According to applications filed this week with the U.S. Labor Department, Mar-a-Lago wants to hire 40 waiters and waitresses at USD 12.68 an hour and 21 cooks at USD 13.31. On the application, club managers attest they can't find enough Americans qualified, willing and available to do the work.
Trump has criticized U.S. Companies for employing foreign workers, but has defended Mar-a-Lago's hiring practices, saying there aren't enough local applicants. Last year the club hired 70 foreign workers under the H-2B visa program, which is for seasonal, non-agriculture employees. Many resorts in the Palm Beach area use the program to find seasonal help.
Donald Trump frequently visits Mar-a-Lago from November to May.