- Karimnagar: Gangula launches BT road works
- Visakhapatnam: HRF functionaries term NIA raids as act of intimidation
- KTR distributes 2BHK houses to 3,722 beneficiaries
- CPM, CITU intensify stir against VSP sale
- Visakhapatnam: Vehicle owners to get digital DLs, RCs
- Vamshichand upset as Kasireddy eyes Kalwakurthy seat
- YSRCP govt spent Rs 3,600 cr on healthcare in 4 yrs: Rajini
- UK visa fee hike effective from today
- Meta may charge users for ad-free FB, Instagram
- 7 more patients die in Nanded hospital
Govt committed to uplift of BCs: Karne
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) MLC Karne Prabhakar on Wednesday said the government was examining in detail on what should be done for the upliftment of all the castes under BCs.
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) MLC Karne Prabhakar on Wednesday said the government was examining in detail on what should be done for the upliftment of all the castes under BCs.
Addressing a press conference here at the TRSLP office, Prabhakar said when no one had any idea even about the word MBC, the TRS government formed a corporation for them and allocated Rs 1,000 crore. He alleged that the earlier parties considered the BCs only as vote bank.
The TRS leader alleged that the Congress leaders lost their mental balance and talking ill about the BCs. “The Congress leaders are sitting in A/c rooms in Gandhi Bhavan and talking too many things. They have completely lost their mental balance after seeing the welfare measures for the BCs by the TRS government,” he said.
The TRS leader condemned the comments by Congress leader D K Aruna, who alleged that IT Minister K T Rama Rao was not involved in the Telangana agitation. He said when Rama Rao and other TRS leaders were involved in the agitation, the State Congress leaders were sided by the Andhra Pradesh leaders.
He alleged that because of the attitude of the Congress and the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders, Srikantha Chary had to commit suicide. He asked as to how JAC Chief M Kodandaram could invite Congress and TDP leaders to Koluvulakai Kotlata when the venue was named after Srikantha Chary? He demanded that Kodandaram apologise to the family members of Srikantha Chary.