- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Jyotiba Phule birth anniversary celebrated
Mahatma Jyotirao Phule is one the greatest leaders and he had strived hard to root out illiteracy, superstitions and caste discrimination in the society, said Zilla Parishad Chairpersons Gadepalli Kavitha here on Wednesday.
,Khammam: Mahatma Jyotirao Phule is one the greatest leaders and he had strived hard to root out illiteracy, superstitions and caste discrimination in the society, said Zilla Parishad Chairpersons Gadepalli Kavitha here on Wednesday.
The 192nd birth anniversary of Jyotirao Phule was observed here. Leaders of all political parties paid rich floral tributes to the statue of Jyoti Rao Phule here at bypass road.Speaking at a meeting organised at Zilla Parishad conference hall, Kavitha said the social reformer had strived hard for upliftment of the deprived sections and eliminating social evils like child marriage in the society.
She said Jyothirao Phule promoted women’s education. She exhorted the youth to draw inspiration from Jyotirao Phule and participate in social activities to help build a healthy society.Speaking on the occasion, city Mayor Papalal said Jyothirao Phule had established educational institutions for the Dalits because he believed that the education was the only weapon that can bring about change in the lives of the downtrodden.
Former Market Committee Chairman R J C Krishna, Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Parishad Marapaka Nagesh, BC Welfare Officer Hrushikesh Reddy, District Women and Child Welfare Officer Varalakshmi, BC Sangham President P Ram Murthy, Telangana State BC Cell President P Satish Yadav, BC Front State leader K Sri Lakshmi and M Venkata Ramana were present at the programme.