- Gandhi Jayanti 2023: Songs, Movies, and Actors That Remind Us of Mahatma Gandhi!
- Eradicate sense of animosity, says Haryana Guv on Gandhi Jayanti
- Infant formula, fizzy drinks in babies may raise early obesity risk
- Sampu becomes kingmaker in ‘Martin Luther King’ teaser
- Government approves extension in central deputation tenure of UIDAI CEO Amit Agrawal
- Sectors with the highest 1-year dividend yield
- Philippine President, VP's approval & trust ratings dip
- Modi promises ‘pakka ghar’ and tap connection to each poor in Rajasthan
- Bihar government releases caste-based survey: EBCs highest in number
- The magic of audio deepening travel experience with kids
BJP leaders urge Governor to safeguard Human Rights in AP
Alleging that the Andhra Pradesh Government was targeting the opposition party leaders and citizens who are questioning them, BJP leaders on Tuesday demanded the Governor E S L Narasimhan to intervene and safeguard the human rights and law and order in the state.
Hyderabad: Alleging that the Andhra Pradesh Government was targeting the opposition party leaders and citizens who are questioning them, BJP leaders on Tuesday demanded the Governor E S L Narasimhan to intervene and safeguard the human rights and law and order in the state.
A delegation of BJP leaders led by AP BJP Yuva Morcha President S Vishnuvardhan Reddy met the Governor Narasimhan at Raj Bhavan on Tuesday. Later, talking to media, Vishnuvardhan Reddy said the BJP leaders including party president K Lakshminarayana, MP, MLAs and MLCs have been touring districts taking the failures of the State government to the people. Though the party had taken permission from police, they were pressurised by the ministers and TDP leaders to stop the BJP rallies, said Vishnuvardhan Reddy alleging that the ruling party leaders were physically attacking the BJP activists.
The BJP leader pointed out that during the Anantapur visit of BJP president Lakshminarayana, few TDP leaders tried to attack the BJP leaders, journalists in the presence of police personnel. Earlier, when the BJP national president Amit Shah was visiting Tirumala, his car was attacked by the miscreants and also on MLC Somu Veerraju at Rajahmundry. He also brought to the notice of the Governor that the BJP leaders were arrested whenever the ministers were touring the districts.
The BJP leaders demanded the Governor to ensure police protection to the BJP chief K Lakshminarayana, protection to the BJP leaders while they visit districts, safeguarding the journalists, civil society groups, who are raising their voices against the irregularities by the government, forming of SC, ST Commissions as per Constitution, removal of illegal cases on the BJP leaders in the State.