- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Saudi aircraft remains grounded in Hyderabad airport after bird-hit
A Saudi Arabian Airlines flight from Riyadh landed at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport RGIA on Monday but a birdhit caused the plane to remain grounded at the airport 24 hours after its scheduled return departure
A Saudi Arabian Airlines flight from Riyadh landed at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) on Monday but a bird-hit caused the plane to remain grounded at the airport 24 hours after its scheduled return departure.
The passengers on this flight, supposed to travel back to Riyadh from Hyderabad were accommodated in a different flight on Tuesday.
According to the sources, the pilot and co-pilot noticed that a bird had hit the aircraft while it was proceeding towards the parking bay.
Airport officials revealed that the nose of the aircraft has to be replaced and several other safety aspects need to be checked before the airplane can take off.
The plane is still grounded and is expected to return to Riyadh only in a day or two.