- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Is Mudragada moving closer to Chandrababu?
Is Mudragada Padmanabham trying to move closer to Chandrababu Naidu After YS Jagans plain talk that Kapus cant be given reservations due to the 50 per cent ceiling on quotas, Mudragada appears to be extending an olive branch to Chandrababu
Vijayawada: Is Mudragada Padmanabham trying to move closer to Chandrababu Naidu. After YS Jagan’s plain talk that Kapus can’t be given reservations due to the 50 per cent ceiling on quotas, Mudragada appears to be extending an olive branch to Chandrababu.
He has proposed that instead of passing the buck to the Centre, the TDP should create BC F category for the Kapus and get caste certificates issued to Kapus from the tehsildars. He is suggesting that Chandrababu use his powers and do what he can for the Kapus. On Friday, he said it was for Chandrababu to resolve the issue since it was he who had made the promise during the 2014 elections.
Some political watchers wonder that Chandrababu himself may have warmed up to Mudragada and made him put forth this proposal. It may be part of a plan to woo back Kapus. By accepting Mudragada’s proposal, he can claim to have fulfilled the Kapu demand. Even for Mudragada, there is no other way as he had already burnt his bridges with YS Jagan. So, it’s a mutual benefit scheme between both Chandrababu and Mudragada.