- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Nearly 100 people detained for protesting against Varavara Rao's arrest
Around 98 people have been taken into custody by the Hyderabad police on Wednesday for protesting against the arrest of Varavara Rao
Around 98 people have been taken into custody by the Hyderabad police on Wednesday for protesting against the arrest of Varavara Rao. The agitators were detained from Ambedkar statue on lower tank bund on the charges of not taking prior permission from the police for the protest.
Varavara Rao was arrested on Monday by the Pune police on the alleged plot of killing Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with four other activists in the city.
The police who reached the spot on a tip-off demanded the agitators to leave the area. But as the number of protestors started increasing the police arrested them.
Members of Virasam (Viplava Rachayithala Sangham), New Democracy Party, Telangana Praja Front (TPF), Telangana Democratic Front (TDF), Democratic Student Union (DSU), Telangana Vidyarthi Vedika (TVV), Progressive Democratic Students Union (PDSU) were arrested by the police before staging a dharna around 11.30 am on Wednesday.