- Two men impersonating police officers arrested in Jammu
- Row in Jharkhand as CM Soren's photographs removed during Guv's function
- RBI slaps fines on 3 banks in Gujarat for breach of rules
- Farmers not getting MSP on paddy in Haryana, says Hooda
- India’s first woman astronaut Kalpana Chawla’s father passes away at 90
- Bengal BJP left embarrassed as RSS linked Bangla magazine goes soft on Abhishek Banerjee
- 'IT cell' behind derogatory posts to disturb communal harmony: AAP
- New headband to catch early signs of Alzheimer's while you sleep
- Supreme Court releases Madurai lawyer on bail in Tamil Nadu PFI conspiracy case
- They asked me same set of questions: Thakurta on Special Cell raids
Uppal man catches fire while trying to fix cables on power pole
A man working with Reliance Jio caught fire when he was trying to fix cables by climbing on to an electric pole here in Ramanthapur on Sunday
Hyderabad: A man working with Reliance Jio caught fire when he was trying to fix cables by climbing on to an electric pole here in Ramanthapur on Sunday.
According to the police, the man identified as Venkanna (30) got stuck in power lines while he was trying to fix them. He caught with the fire When he tried to free himself from the tangled power cables. Passersby who noticed the incident managed to bring him down the pole and shifted him to Gandhi hospital.
"He was admitted in the hospital with 60 per cent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be critical," said a police officer.
The police registered a case and the investigation is underway.