- Madhapur drugs case: Narcotic Bureau issues notices to actor Navdeep
- Atishi pulls up engineers for poor condition of roads, waterlogging
- NASA asks US industry to develop spacecraft to safely deorbit space station
- Verdict on CID custody petition tomorrow
- Covid patients continue to suffer from lung complications
- Experience the irresistible aroma of Hatti Kaapi’s signature coffee at the World Coffee Conference & Expo 2023!
- Linking Aadhaar numbers with electoral rolls is not mandatory, EC tells Supreme Court
- Andhra HC grants bail to 79 TDP leaders in cases related to violence
- Purandeswari inspects govt-run liquor shops in Narasapuram, asks people not to consume
- Producer duo - Sanjay Saha & Raadhika Nanda makes an impact with their debut film 'Haddi'!
Full Text: Supreme Court Judgement on Section 377
A fivejudge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court Thursday unanimously decriminalised part of the 158yearold colonial law under Section 377 of the IPC which criminalises consensual unnatural sex
A five-judge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court Thursday unanimously decriminalised part of the 158-year-old colonial law under Section 377 of the IPC which criminalises consensual unnatural sex.
A five-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra termed the part of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code which crimiminalises unnatural sex as irrational, indefensible and manifestly arbitrary.
The bench, which also comprised Justices R F Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra, struck down Section 377 as being violative of right to equality.