- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Elections to be held within 6 months, Rajath Kumar
The preparations for assembly polls in Telangana are going at a brisk pace, said State Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar adding that the ECI will take a call on the election schedule
The preparations for assembly polls in Telangana are going at a brisk pace, said State Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar adding that the ECI will take a call on the election schedule.
He further said that according to ECI regulations, elections have to be held in the state within six months of the assembly dissolution.
"The collectors and other officials are coordinating with each other and organising election awareness programmes in the villages," said the CEO. Rajath also asked the political leaders not to be sceptical about EVM machines. He assured that the machines will be examined in the presence of all the parties in the state adding that the machines would reach the state by September 20.
He also said that the team of ECI will again pay a visit to Hyderabad to oversee the election preparations in the state. Rajath Kumar also said that they will also keep an eye on the election campaign on social media.