- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Transgenders protest at Banjara Hills PS, demands arrest of rowdy-sheeter for robbing them
The Banjara Hills police have registered a case on rowdy sheeters Venkat Yadav and Sai who barged into the house of transgenders and robbed Rs 2 lakh cash and gold ornaments from them before threatening to kill them
The Banjara Hills police have registered a case on rowdy-sheeters Venkat Yadav and Sai who barged into the house of transgenders and robbed Rs 2 lakh cash and gold ornaments from them before threatening to kill them
According to police, the rowdy sheeters allegedly extorting money, gold and other valuables from the LGBTQ+ community in the city. As they have not paid the money from two months Venkat along with Sai thrashed them who are staying at Road no.2, near LV Prasad hospital.
Yasmin (28) who was also in the house alleged that they threatened to kill her 17-month-old daughter and snatched the Almirah keys, it is learned.
On learning about the incident, the transgender group approached Banjara Hills police around 10 pm. They also staged a protest demanding the arrest of Venkat.
The protestors calmed down after ACP KS Rao, Inspector K Srinivas promised to catch hold of Venkat within two days from now.