- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Legal Metrology conduct raids on 50 textile shops, 200 cases filed for cheating customers
Officials of Legal Metrology Department raided over 50 textile shops here in Hyderabad on Friday and registered 200 cases against the shop owners for cheating customers
Officials of Legal Metrology Department raided over 50 textile shops here in Hyderabad on Friday and registered 200 cases against the shop owners for cheating customers.
After receiving numerous complaints from the public through Whatsapp, the officials began the raids from October 6.
As many as 60 textile shops including Chennai Silks, Ramraj Cotton, Pantaloons, Venkateshwara Khaadi Bhandar, South India Shopping Mall, KLM Fashion Mall Jeedimetla, VRK Silks, Bhavani Brothers, Anutex Cloth Store, Geeta Krishna Shopping Mall, Vandana Textiles, Sri Krishna, Neerus were raided by the 15 teams headed by Assistant Controllers on Friday.
According to Assistant Controller, Bhaskar Reddy, some shops were selling the items with new price tags over the old ones to falsely show that they were offering discounts for Dasara.