- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Rahul Gandhi to take decision in Gujarat on Alpesh Thakor
A senior Congress leader on Friday told the media that AICC will soon take a decision on Alpesh Thakor but finally it will come down to Gandhi to take a decision on what to do with the Thakor leader
AHMEDABAD: A senior Congress leader on Friday told the media that AICC will soon take a decision on Alpesh Thakor but finally it will come down to Gandhi to take a decision on what to do with the Thakor leader.
“Rahul Gandhi will now consider action in Thakor’s, case as he is accused of incited violence against migrant workers from UP and Bihar in Gujarat,” said the leader.
The fate of Alpesh Thakor, the Congress MLA and AICC (All India Congress Committee) secretary declared to Bihar, who allegedly encouraged violence against migrant workers while attending public meetings called to protest the rape of a 14-month-old girl in Himmatnagar, is now in the hands of the Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
Sources said leaders from the Gujarat Congress were also disappointed about Thakor’s alleged involvement in inciting violence.Alpesh, who was scheduled to visit Bihar on October 12, had to skip the event after Bihar Congress leaders expressed their qualm.
Protest erupted in many parts of Gujarat after members of Thakor’s Gujarat Kshatriya Thakor Sena (GKTS) held protests against rape of the toddler at Dhundhar village near Himmatnagar on September 28.600 plus persons have been arrested in 140 cases pertaining to hate crimes against migrants in Gujarat.
Thakor said the party is yet to declare on his trips to Bihar. “The Congress party is preparing a plan especially for me with a view to attract voters from the OBC, SC and ST communities.”