- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
- District SP Gaus Alam asks devotees to perform Ganesh immersion with devotion
- Delhi L-G urges neighboring states to address crop residue burning for air quality improvement
- Electoral Roll Observer E Sridhar holds review meet
- PL Sector Update - Retail - - D'Mart Ready retains competitive advantage
- Kejriwal to announce Winter Action Plan on Sep 29 as Delhi tries to fight pollution
Man arrested for giving triple talaq to wife in Madhya Pradesh
A man has been arrested in Madhya Pradesh for allegedly giving triple talaq to his wife This comes a month after the central government passed an ordinance making instant triple talaq a punishable offence
Bhopal: A man has been arrested in Madhya Pradesh for allegedly giving triple talaq to his wife. This comes a month after the central government passed an ordinance making instant triple talaq a punishable offence.
A case was under registered against Arif Hussain under new Muslim Women (Protection of Rights of Marriage) Ordinance, 2018 at the Meghnagar Police Station in the Jhabua district.
"The woman, Salma Bano, a native of Sherani Molla in Meghnagar was married to Arif 10 years back. The couple has two children, including a daughter and son. Following her complaint on Tuesday, we arrested her husband under section 323 and 498 of the Indian Penal Code(IPC)," station-in-charge (SHO), Kushal Singh Rawat said.
The woman said that her husband divorced her for being obese.
"He mistreats and even manhandles me for being fat. Whenever he came to Meghnagar, he used to beat me up. I decided to register a police case against him after he gave me divorce by uttering talaq thrice," Bano told ANI.