- PM Modi pats equestrian team
- Visakhapatnam: Portal to register new Sainik Schools reopens
- PM giving top priority to jobs: Narayanaswamy
- Asian Games 2023: India wins gold medal in equestrian after 41 yrs
- Poll code: MLAs in hurry to get funds
- Supreme Court flags delay in appointment of judges
- Aswani Dutt expresses solidarity with Naidu
- Journey from Rojulu Maray to The Song of Scorpions
- Waheeda Rehman: Doubly happy because it's Dev Anand's birthday
- Guntur: Plea not to introduce GPS Bill
Rajnath flags off 'Run for Unity' in Delhi
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday flagged off the Run for Unity here to commemorate the birth anniversary of former Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday flagged off the 'Run for Unity' here to commemorate the birth anniversary of former Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
Former Indian hockey player and Arjuna Awardee Zafar Iqbal, five-time World Amateur Boxing champion Mary Kom, artistic gymnast and Olympic medalist Dipa Karmakar were among those present as the Minister flagged off the run from Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on National Unity Day.
Thousands of people in the age group between seven and 70 years participated in the over one km run that would culminate at the India Gate's Amar Jawan Jyoti.
The day's dedication was expected to reinforce unity, integrity and security of the nation.
Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar, Harsh Vardhan, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Hardeep Singh Puri and R.K. Singh were present on the occasion.