- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
'India's Most Wanted' will bring out everybody's patriotic side: Arjun Kapoor
Arjun Kapoor believes his next Indias Most Wanted will ignite patriotism in peopleThe film, a tribute to unsung heroes, centres around the capture of Indias most wanted, without firing a single bullet
Mumbai: Arjun Kapoor believes his next "India's Most Wanted" will ignite patriotism in people.
The film, a tribute to unsung heroes, centres around the capture of India's most wanted, without firing a single bullet. The actor, who plays an intelligence officer in the film, wrapped up the project Monday. "It is a scary and real story. It will be fascinating for audience to see it because when I heard about it, it left me in shock. Also, it made me feel proud to be an Indian. It is a film that will bring out your patriotic side," Arjun told PTI.
The actor said unsung heroes need to be respected and praised. "Men in uniform defend and protect us but there are so many young heroes who protect us in plain clothes in plain sight. They are also the true unsung heroes and they deserve to be respected and applauded for keeping our country safe. The film is based on one such important event that changed the course of our country's history," he said. Directed by Raj Kumar Gupta, the film is slated to be released on May 24, 2019. Gupta is co-producing with Fox Star Studios. Arjun, 33, also has Ashutosh Gowariker's "Panipat" in his kitty and this will be his first historical period drama. The film also features Kriti Sanon and Sanjay Dutt.
"Ashu sir is an expert in such films. My job as an actor is to be on the sets and play my character to the best of my ability. There are certain things that we are working on since few months. "I begin filming by end of November. I still have some time to work on my character. I can't talk about it in detail as I feel at times it is better to do it and show, rather than speaking," he said. According to reports, Arjun will play the role of Sadashiv Rao Bhau, the nephew of Peshwa Bajirao I.
He served as commander-in-chief of the Maratha army in the third Battle of Panipat. The actor has started prepping. "I am playing a warrior in the film. There are certain basic things that I will have to keep in mind. We have started training in horse riding. We start practising sword fighting in the next coming weeks." The film is slated to release on December 6, 2019.