Puducherry To Ban Single-Use Plastic From March 1
Puducherry government has decided to ban the production, sale and use of single use plastic products in the Union Territory from March 1, Chief Minister V Narayanasamy said on Sunday
PUDUCHERRY: Puducherry government has decided to ban the production, sale and use of single-use plastic products in the Union Territory from March 1, Chief Minister V Narayanasamy said on Sunday.
"We want to gift a plastic free Puducherry to the future generation and curb the plastic in the larger interest of environment," he told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
Neighbouring Tamil Nadu government had announced in June, 2018 that it would ban the use of plastic items including non-biodegradable carry bags from January 1, 2019 to "gift a plastic-free state to future generations".
A nominated BJP legislator had staged a 'dharna' on December 31, asking for an immediate ban on the production, sale and use of plastic products in the Union Territory on the lines of Tamil Nadu.
- 2019 Lok Sabha polls: Congress releases 6th list of candidates
- Congress MLA asks sarpanch in Rajasthan to sit on floor, demands apology
- Karnataka: 1 more body found in building collapse, death toll reaches 3
- Open to alliance if Cong agrees to our seat sharing plan: Omar
- Aqua Line to run after 2 pm on Holi