City businessman donates 2.7 lakh to a gaushala
A city businessman who has donated Rs 27 lakh expressing his concern for cowsLalith Kumar Jangra, who is a resident of Ulsoor, had made a request in the invitees to his daughter Snehas wedding to not bring any gifts in kind and only donate money to a gaushala
BENGALURU: A city businessman who has donated Rs 2.7 lakh expressing his concern for cows.
Lalith Kumar Jangra, who is a resident of Ulsoor, had made a request in the invitees to his daughter Sneha’s wedding to not bring any gifts in kind and only donate money to a gaushala (cow shelter) which is run by the Akhila Karnataka Prani Daya Sangha (AKPDS).
Jhangra, 51, who is part of the Jain community, has been living in the city for around eight decades. “I’ve loved animals from a very young age and that’s what made me want to do something like this,” he said.
Claiming that the gaushala requires nearly Rs 1 lakh per day to function effectively, he also said that AKPDS has nearly 1,000 cows and various pigeons.
- MHA distributes special kits to states, UTs to help probe sexual assault cases
- Tear my son's clothes, take him to task if he does not deliver: Kamal Nath
- Sajad Lone expresses concern over Yasin Malik's health
- Congress workers protest outside Rahul's residence
- Proud of Babri Masjid demolition, says Pragya Thakur, get Notice