- Hyderabad Dy Mayor, her husband join Congress
- Kisan-less kisan andolan
- Hyderabad: One arrested for investment fraud
- Planning Board Vice-Chairman to oversee ‘Prajavani’ conduct
- Voting for Cong, BRS won’t benefit Telangana: Kishan
- Cong-led civic body hanging by a thread
- MWC 2024: Exciting Launches Await From Xiaomi 14 Series to Barbie Flip Phone
- New tourist attraction at RK Beach
- Shah Rukh Khan reacts to Allu Arjun’s son Ayaan singing ‘Dunki’ song; offers ‘Sri Valli’ treat in return
- Rashmika Mandanna reveals reason behind her absence from ‘Animal’ post-release celebrations
Gadkari to inaugurate cable-stayed bridge over river Mandovi in Goa on Jan 27
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate a 51 km cablestayed bridge over river Mandovi in Goa on January 27, the government said Friday
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate a 5.1 km cable-stayed bridge over river Mandovi in Goa on January 27, the government said Friday.
The 2,50,000 tonnes heavy bridge, is designed to support and sustain burgeoning traffic in Panjim besides being an aesthetically pleasing landmark for tourism development in Goa.
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate the newly built four-lane, cable-stayed bridge over river Mandovi in Goa on Sunday, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement.
It will facilitate routing of Mumbai bound traffic coming from Bangalore via Ponda route and Old Goa towards NH-17, bypassing the main Panjim City, the statement added.
Besides, it will also help to ease the bottlenecks caused at Panaji KTC Circle, and Panaji Entrance as the same route is currently being used by local traffic as well as NH-17 Highway bound traffic, it added.
About 66,000 vehicles use this route every day, leading to hours of congestion, especially during the peak tourist season in Goa.