- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
- World Wildlife Day 2024: Date, Theme, History and Significance
- Biotin a vital nutrient beyond beauty
- Salaries delayed for Byju's 20,000 employees, CEO blames investors
Flight operations suspended at Srinagar airport due to heavy snowfall
Flight operations were suspended on Thursday at the Srinagar airport due to poor visibility and heavy snowfall
The Jammu-Srinagar highway remains closed for the second consecutive day on Thursday
Flight operations were suspended on Thursday at the Srinagar airport due to poor visibility and heavy snowfall.
“All flights to and from Srinagar were cancelled on Wednesday. No flight could land or take off from the airport today morning,” officials at the Srinagar International Airport said.
“Flight operations will start only after visibility improves,” the officials said, adding that snow clearance on the runway was getting hampered by continuing snowfall.
The Jammu-Srinagar highway remained closed for the second consecutive day on Thursday due to fresh snowfall and landslides.
“No stranded vehicle is parked at any avalanche or landslide prone area along the highway,” a department official said.
Authorities decided to allow one-way traffic from Srinagar to Jammu on Wednesday, but the move was halted due to the landslides in Ramsoo-Ramban sector and snowfall in Bannihal.
The prices of essentials like vegetables, mutton and poultry products, have skyrocketed in the landlocked Kashmir Valley.