Avalanche damages 30 houses in J&K
Thirty houses were damaged by an avalanche that hit Jammu and Kashmirs Gurez border area No casualties have been reported so far, officials said
Srinagar: Thirty houses were damaged by an avalanche that hit Jammu and Kashmir's Gurez border area. No casualties have been reported so far, officials said.
While 22 houses were completely damaged, eight were partially damaged by the avalanche that hit Khandiyal village in Bandipora district on Thursday evening, officials said.
Authorities have been regularly issuing avalanche warnings for vulnerable areas of the state which has witnessed heavy snowfall this winter.
- Over 43% voting till 3 p.m. in 7th phase Lok Sabha polls
- Specially-abled woman votes in Madhya Pradesh
- World's highest polling station at Tashigang village in Himachal
- As Mamata talks of 'revenge', BJP demands central forces in Bengal till MCC ends
- Sidhu damaging Congress with ill-timed comments: Amarinder Singh