Akshara Haasan Makes ramp debut, finds her 'soulmate'
After making her big screen debut with \"Shamitabh\", Akshara Haasan stepped onto the fashion ramp for the first time as a showstopper for Kanikka Salluja, whom she called a \'fashion soulmate\'.
After making her big screen debut with "Shamitabh", Akshara Haasan stepped onto the fashion ramp for the first time as a showstopper for Kanikka Salluja, whom she called a 'fashion soulmate'.
"I saw Kanikka's work and after watching it, I felt as if I found my soulmate in fashion. I love the say she designs and it's very unique and different in its own form," the actress said here post Salluja's show at ongoing Lakme Fashion Week summer-resort 2015.
The five-day fashion extravaganza is taking place at Hotel Palladium.
Salluja's collection, titled 'Revelation IIKA' for her label Anaiikka, took inspiration from the birth of the new Indian woman.
She showcased warrior saris, fish-tail lehengas worn with cropped warrior blouses and shrugs, dhoti pants and tiny fitted tops.
The fabric choice was just high-graded silk, but the colours varied from salmon, sinduri, teal, neel blue and tulsi green, which breathed life into the ensembles.
- Priyanka Chaturvedi may join Shiv Sena
- Hemant Karkare died because I cursed him: Sadhvi Pragya on late 26/11 ATS chief
- Fake notes of Rs 2.5 lakh face value seized in Kolkata
- Video: Congress leader Hardik Patel slapped at poll rally in Gujarat
- Whoever intimidates BJP cadre in Ghazipur will be buried: Union minister