What you eat shows on your skin: Avoid these food sins
What You Eat Shows On Your Skin: Avoid These Food Sins. The saying \"you are what you eat\" also holds true for the skin.
New Delhi: The saying "you are what you eat" also holds true for the skin.
Eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables thrown in as snacks does your skin a whole deal of good, while a diet high in foods with a high glycemic index damage the skin, can cause premature ageing and have also been implicated in worsening acne or zits.
Sirisha Singh, the founding member and Medical Director of The Skin Center, lists food items to be avoided to have a healthy skin. They by no means claim that these foods should be completely avoided, but the key operating word is moderation.
Foods like white breads, pastas, cakes, noodles, pizza bases, burger breads, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, processed snacks, artificial sweeteners and carbonated drinks should be taken in little quantities.
- Modi government changed pusillanimous approach of Congress on terror: PM Modi
- West Bengal facing Mafia Raj under Mamata Banerjee's rule: Amit Shah
- 15 Naxals, including 6 women surrender in Bastar
- No problem if Muslims don't vote for me: Varun Gandhi contradicts mother Maneka
- Congress to take action against Anupam Sharma