Science says massage releases a hormone called Serotonin that allows your body and mind to go in a "feel good" state so make sure you are de-stressing yourself in weekend with right hair and body therapies.Vibhoar, CEO, NEU Salonz, shares his views on hair therapies
- Reflexology: it is application of pressure to feet, hands, or ears. This is to send a calming message from the peripheral nerves, which in turn signals the body to adjust the tension level bringing calmness to the central nervous system. This therapy apart from relaxing the body also helps in reducing the pain and stress.
- Relaxing Hair Spa Ritual: Getting a hair spa done is the best thing. Hair spas are very relaxing and one of the most favorable ways to nourish the hair by keeping it soft and healthy in the long run.
- Aromatherapy:This massage utilizes the power of pure essential oils to soothe the mind, body, and soul. The treatment utilizes gentle choreographed massage strokes that focus on the restorative properties of the essential oils instead of the physical pressure application, to reduce stress and promote good sleep.
- Lomi-Lomi Therapy: A Hawaiian massage, the Lomi Lomi therapy is one of the most wholesome yet under-valued stress-relieving therapies in India. It is known for its long and continuous strokes of deep- tissue massage, designed to help the body let go of its old patterns and behaviours. Macadamia, palm and coconut oils are usually used as moisturizers during the session to keep the strokes smooth and nourish the skin.
- Balinese Massage: The Balinese massage is a high-pressure deep tissue treatment that utilizes palm pressure, gentle stretching strokes, acupressure and essential oils to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and "qi" (energy) in the body. The boost to circulation helps in reducing stress and rebalances the body.
- Swedish massage: A medium pressure therapy, the Swedish massage aims to make one feel relaxed and content by promoting circulation and an overall feeling of well-being. The massage uses a variety of techniques such as stroking, gliding, kneading, rubbing, tapping and pounding to provide a classic massage for relieving tense muscles and relaxing tight areas in the body. Ranging between 60 - 90 minutes, the massage improves immunity by the manipulation of muscles over the bone structure.