- Indian men, women canter into pre-quarters
- Every decade a women’s dressing style changes
- Praasa Mani delivers lecture on ‘Prakruti odilo parisramalu’
- Aloe can provide immediate relief for your infant
- TDP stages novel protest against Naidu’s arrest
- Bejan Daruwalla’s Horoscope
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today surges, check the rates on 24 September, 2023
- Kishan Reddy slams govt over exam cancellation
- BJYM activists donate blood
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today surges, check the rates on September 23, 2023
Cong candidate wins by 3 votes in Haryana
Cong candidate wins by 3 votes in Haryana, A few battles in the just-concluded Maharashtra and Haryana elections have been too close for comfort. Not just double-digit, there are even reports of candidates winning by a single digit margin.
New Delhi: A few battles in the just-concluded Maharashtra and Haryana elections have been too close for comfort. Not just double-digit, there are even reports of candidates winning by a single digit margin.
In Sonepat's Rai assembly segment, Congress sitting MLA Jai Tirath Dahiya won by a margin of just three votes over his nearest rival of the Indian National Lok Dal, or INLD.
The Election Commission data revealed 62-year-old Jai Tirath polled 36,703 votes against 68-year-old Inderjeet Dahiya's 36,700.
Jai Tirath, however, is not disheartened. "It is not a question of small margin, but that of a small victory. I think I have done well and the people of Rai have expressed their faith," he told NDTV.
But the record for the lowest margin is still held by BJP's Kalyan Singh Chouhan, who beat Congress' CP Joshi by one vote from Rajasthan's Nathadwara in 2008.