- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Shops gutted in Jammu fire
Shops, motorcycles and three-wheelers were gutted in a fire on Diwali in a market in Jammu district\'s Miran Sahib area, police said on Thursday.
Jammu: Shops, motorcycles and three-wheelers were gutted in a fire on Diwali in a market in Jammu district's Miran Sahib area, police said on Thursday.
"Twenty stalls, nine motorcycles and 10 three-wheelers were destroyed in this fire," a police officer told IANS. The fire started around 9.30 p.m. on Wednesday and it took the firemen nearly two hours to control it.
He said the exact cause of fire is being established, but "preliminary evidence suggested the fire started from a firecracker stall during Diwali celebrations".