- Vijayawada: TDP-JSP releases first list
- Jatara a massive success: Seethakka
- Lake Tahoe’s Cosy Retreats: A Gateway to Nature and Adventure
- Dubai Unveils Five-Year Visa for Indians
- Devotees bid adieu to tribal deities
- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
HC asks Railways: Why permit sale of only 'Rail Neer' at stations
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked the Indian Railways as to why sale of only one brand of mineral water is permitted at railway stations whereas different brands and varieties of water and food are available.
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked the Indian Railways as to why sale of only one brand of mineral water is permitted at railway stations whereas different brands and varieties of water and food are available.
A division bench was hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging a circular issued by the railway authorities last year.
The circular directed contractors and caterers having stalls on platforms and railway stations to stock and sell only 'Rail Neer', packaged drinking water supplied by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
The high court has directed railway authorities and IRCTC to consider the contentions mentioned in the PIL and file their reply in four weeks.