Photos: Tamil New Year andVishu Celebrations in Puttaparthi
A captivating Violin concert by internationally acclaimed \"Violin Sisters\" Dr M Lalitha and Smt M Nandini from Chennai marked the end of the 3-day Cultural Festival by Tamil Nadu on the occasion of the vernacular New Year, that began today.
Prasanthi Nilayam: A captivating Violin concert by internationally acclaimed "Violin Sisters" Dr M Lalitha and Smt M Nandini from Chennai marked the end of the 3-day Cultural Festival by Tamil Nadu on the occasion of the vernacular New Year, that began today. Hailing from an illustrious musical family, the 'violin-sisters' are the torchbearers of unique, rich musical tradition. Distinct in appearance and age, the famed sisters regaled The Divine and the audience for over 40- minutes this evening, presenting an absorbing session of instrumental brilliance.
The sisters were accompanied by Sarvasree Neiveli Ram Kumar, G Ravichandran and Vataparimangalam Venkatamani on Mridangam, Ghatam and Ganjeera respectively.
Earlier the concert was preceded by a speech by Hon'ble Mr Justice B Rajendran of Madras High Court. He spoke on the subject Bhagawan's Message to Humanity.
Bhajans continued and the session ended with Mangala Arathi to Bhagawan.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting