- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
- SEB seizes 7222 kgs Ganja
- Telangana: Minister launches website for enrollment of traditional occupation beneficiaries
- Outreach activities at ENC marking WED
Watson wallops SRH
Sammy's rescue act goes in vain Jaipur (PTI): Australian all-rounder Shane Watson missed out on his second hundred by two runs but his blazing...
Sammy's rescue act goes in vain Jaipur (PTI): Australian all-rounder Shane Watson missed out on his second hundred by two runs but his blazing unbeaten knock powered Royals to a thumping eight-wicket win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their Pepsi IPL match, here on Saturday. Chasing a modest 145-run target, Watson scored a 53-ball 98, laced with 13 fours and four sixes. Hyderabad had overcome a disastrous start to post 144 for nine after Caribbean batsman Darren Sammy played a heroic 60-run knock and shared a crucial 58-run stand with Amit Mishra (21) for the seventh wicket. Rajasthan left-arm paceman James Faulkner (5/20) stood out with a five-for after Hyderabad elected to bat. The hosts lost Ajinkya Rahane (1) and were cautious till the half-way mark as they reached 53 for one in 10 overs. However, Watson opened his arms to good effects after that and sent Hyderabad bowlers to a leather hunt. It all started in the 11th over when both Watson and skipper Rahul Dravid hit spinner Amit Mishra for a six each, collecting 17 runs from the 11th over. Dravid however, could not last long as he holed out to deep mid-wicket while attempting to send a Thisra Perera delivery out of the park. Dravid scored a 35-ball 36. It was a Watson show after that. Rajasthan needed 64 runs after Dravid's dismissal and Watson scored 56 of them. Brief scores: Sunrisers Hyderabad 144 for 9 (Darren Sammy 60, James Faulkner 5/20) lost to Rajasthan Royals 146 for 2 (Shane Watson 98 no, Rahul Dravid 36).