Bopanna-Dabrowski pair goes down in Wimbledon quarters
Rohan Bopanna and Gabriela Dabrowski went down fighting to Henri Kontinen and Heather Watson in the mixed doubles quarterfinals, bringing an end to India\'s challenge at the Wimbledon, here.
London: Rohan Bopanna and Gabriela Dabrowski went down fighting to Henri Kontinen and Heather Watson in the mixed doubles quarterfinals, bringing an end to India's challenge at the Wimbledon, here.
The 10th seeds and French Open champions lost 7-6(4) 4-6 5-7 to the unseeded Finnish-British combo in exactly two hours on the centre court.
The margin of defeat was quite less with the winners taking 109 points to 104 of the Roland Garros winners, who saved eight of the 11 break points they faced.
With Bopanna's defeat, India's challenge has ended in the prestigious grass court tournament.
Bopanna has already exited from the men's doubles while Sania Mirza has also been knocked out of both the women's doubles and mixed doubles events with her respective partners.
India's challenge has also ended in the junior Wimbledon with early defeats of Mahak Jain, Zeel Desai, Mihika Yadav and Siddhanth Banthia in the girls and boys events.
Desai was the best performer among the juniors as she reached the third round in girls singles and the second round in the doubles.
- This Gujarat Woman's Cow Dung-Coated Car Is An Internet Sensation
- It was unfortunate : Gujarat CM on Surat Fire accident
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility