- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
Charpot, Vinita Kumar wield chess ‘Power’
Shailesh Charpot from Western RegionII and Eastern RegionII player Vinita Kumar won the men and women singles titles with clinical precision in the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd InterRegional Chess tournament, under the aegis of SRTI, here on Sunday
Hyderabad: Shailesh Charpot from Western Region-II and Eastern Region-II player Vinita Kumar won the men and women singles titles with clinical precision in the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd Inter-Regional Chess tournament, under the aegis of SRT-I, here on Sunday.
It brought curtains down on the eventful three-day championship that drew the participation of 55 players from across all regions.
Later, V Sekhar, ED (SRT-I) gave away the prizes in the presence of arbiter S Subbaraju and Organising Committee members BS Rao, A Nagaraju, S Ravi and SK Singh.
Final standings: Men: 1. Shailesh Charpot (WR-II-4.5), 2. Doley RP (NER-4.5), 3. Avinash Kumar (ER-I-4.5), 4. Anoop Kumar (NR-II-4), 5. Rajeev Ranjan (NR-III-4);
Women: 1. Vinitha Kumar (ER-II-4), 2. Kumari Kamlesh (NR-I-3), 3. Pranali Chaudhary (WR-I-3);
Important results-Men Round 5: Shailesh Charpot (4.5) drew with Doley RP (4.5); Girish Kumar (3.5) lost to S Ravi (SR-I) (4); Murali (SR-II) (3) lost to Avinash Kumar (4.5);
Women Round 4: Sneha Kalbudhe (WR-I) (3) lost to Vinitha Kumar (4); Kumari Kamlesh (3) bt Swati Agarwal (NR-III) (2); Pranali Chaudhary (WR-I) (3) bt Priya Dhar (NER) (1.5).