- Kurnool: Siva Kumar to represent Sepak takraw team at Asian games
- AP assembly session: Assembly adjourned for tea break
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 22 September, 2023
- Anantapur: Nara Chandrababu Naidu arrest shatters TDP camp
- Congress to come up with constituency-level manifestos
- Srisailam EO S Lavanna presents silk robes to Kanaipakam Lord
- PL Technicals Daily Morning Report - Sept 22
- AP assembly session: Two TDP MLAs suspended from house
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 22 September, 2023
- After Masqati, more may jump on Congress bandwagon
Former Proteas all-rounder Johan Botha announces immediate retirement
Former South Africa allrounder Johan Botha has announced his immediate retirement from all forms of cricket
Hobart: Former South Africa all-rounder Johan Botha has announced his immediate retirement from all forms of cricket.
Botha's Australian Twenty20 league team, the Hobart Hurricanes, announced the news late Wednesday. It said Botha cited "wear and tear on his body and sheer physical fatigue."
The 36-year-old Botha, who received his Australian citizenship in 2016, failed to take a wicket during Wednesday's nine-wicket loss to the Sydney Sixers. He had played all 10 matches for the first-place Hurricanes this season.
Botha played for South Africa in five test matches, 78 one-day internationals and 40 T20 Internationals from 2005 to 2012.
Botha captained the Proteas in 10 ODIs and took the team to the No. 1 ranking after they defeated Australia 4-1 in Australia in 2009.