- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
India women hold Spain to 1-1 draw
Indian women earned a hardfought 11 draw against Spain in the second international hockey match after having lost the opening encounter by a close margin Gurjit Kaurs 43rd minute strike was nullified by home teams Maria Tost in the 49th minute during an encounter on Sunday evening Having lost 23 to Spain in their opening match on Saturday, the Indian team put up a spirited performance in a
Murcia (Spain): Indian women earned a hard-fought 1-1 draw against Spain in the second international hockey match after having lost the opening encounter by a close margin. Gurjit Kaur's 43rd minute strike was nullified by home team’s Maria Tost in the 49th minute during an encounter on Sunday evening. Having lost 2-3 to Spain in their opening match on Saturday, the Indian team put up a spirited performance in a high-voltage second encounter here. While the first quarter ended in a stalemate, the second quarter saw India make a breakthrough with their first PC of the match.
The PC was re-taken but well-saved by the Spanish goalkeeper. It was goalless at half-time but Spain created a penalty corner opportunity soon into the third quarter. The Indian goalkeeper made an impressive save to deny the hosts. In the following minutes, India increased their tempo that resulted in yet another short corner, which was brilliantly struck by dragflicker Gurjit Kaur.
The joy of 1-0 lead against the 2018 Women's World Cup Bronze Medal winners was shortlived as a defensive lapse by India gave way to Spain scoring a beautiful field goal through Tost in the 49th minute which levelled the scores 1-1. The final quarter remained intense until the hooter with both teams taking their game a notch above and pushing for a winning goal but neither succeeded with the match ending in a draw. India will play their third match of the tour on Tuesday.