Not just a carpet
Not all carpets are created equal. You have countless varieties to choose from. Carpet is usually a commitment you plan to keep in the home for some...
Not all carpets are created equal. You have countless varieties to choose from. Carpet is usually a commitment you plan to keep in the home for some time and hence needs care while buying. Here’s what’s hot in carpets right now.
Cut and Loop Carpet: A cut and loop is a style of carpet that is made by combining looped fibers with cut (straight) ones. Many new contemporary styles introduced in the last several years, cut and loop have become trendy once again.
Frieze Carpet: Frieze, also referred to as twist, is a very popular style of carpet today. Frieze is essentially the modern version of the old shag carpet. High durability is probably the biggest advantage of frieze.
Carpet Tile Rugs: This trend is popular with families because if one part of your rug gets damaged, it’s just a carpet tile, and you can easily replace it. Rugs have never gone out of style, and these are so cool. You have an almost endless list of options to create custom rugs by choosing carpet tiles and linking them together.
Colour trends: When it comes to colour, soft texture is also important for a carpet. A combination of colour and texture offer more distinctive styling and fashion appeal. Here is the list of colour shades which are the latest trends.
Blue: Blue colour is the top right choice be in indigo blue or navy blue because these colours make excellent flooring choices.
Green: Green can make a bold statement but can also function as neutral in many design schemes. Green means olive green or other warm greens.
Grey: When it comes to modern look go for grey, which is a neutral choice. Grey type (light) colours are also emerging as popular choices.
Brown: Brown tones include saturated, medium, and chocolate browns which attract many because it conveys an earthy message when paired with paler neutrals and natural décor.
Blush and Berry Tones: Last but not the least is Radiant Orchid, which has sparked renewed interest in blush tones and corals, as well as bold berry and magenta shades.
Carpet cleaning tips
- Carpets need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing a build-up of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibers.
- To vacuum wall-to-wall carpeting, divide the floor into quadrants and vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next.
- Take your time when you vacuum a carpet, especially a plush carpet in which dirt is sure to be deeply embedded. One pass with a high-powered upright is not enough. Go over each section of carpeting several times, and work slowly to allow the suction to remove all the ground-in dust and dirt.
- Pay special attention to the areas where people sit and move their feet. Vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
- Soil retardants can be applied to new carpets or to newly cleaned carpets. Follow manufacturers' advice. Apply soil retardants only with professional equipment using the recommended application techniques.
- Add baking soda to the bag in your vacuum to fight odours.