Apple bans 'Cryptocat' on iPhones
Apple Bans 'Cryptocat' On IPhones. Apple Bans Encrypted Chat Service 'Cryptocat' On IPhones
Washington: Apple has reportedly bannedencrypted chat service"Cryptocat" on iPhones.
Cryptocat's developer Nadim Kobeissi criticized the company for unjustly rejecting Cryptocatfor iPhone and claimed the reasons the company gave were "illegitimate," the Verge reports.
However, he denied going into specifics for being under a non-disclosure agreement as part of the Apple developer program.
Kobeissi said that one of the reasons for rejection given by Apple strongly implies that any other encrypted group chat app can be rejected.
The service launched earlier this month gained international attention in light of government eavesdropping, and its use in countries where free speech was limited as it offered a simple way to let two people chat while using end-to-end encryption.
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry
- Surat fire: Toll climbs to 22, coaching class owner held, two on the run