Samsung unveils Galaxy S5 with heart rate sensors
Samsung Unveils Galaxy S5 With Heart Rate Sensors
Washington:Samsung unveiled its much anticipated Galaxy S5 with fingerprint and heart rate sensors along with other wearable at the ongoingMobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
The South Korean giant also rolled out its Galaxy Gear 2range of smartwatches and the heath-monitoring Gear Fit wristband.
According to Cnet, the Galaxy S5 includes a fingerprint scanner on the home button, similar to Apple's uber hot iPhone 5S, but the South Korean's latest gadget is also water-resistant with a heart-rate monitor and improved camera.
The Gear Fit is a hybrid between a fitness-tracker and a smartwatch and its curved screen shows the time and can measure pulse with a heart-rate sensor on the inside.
The snartwatches, Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, now run on Tizen instead of Android and these are said to have better battery life than the original Gear.
The report said that the Gear accessories and Galaxy S5 smartphone would hit shelves in April 11.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow