- Car creates commotion in Rajendranagar, 1 hurt
- Poets, artists have special place in TS: Minister
- Satyavati Rathore distributes Nutritional food to pregnant and lactating women
- Khammam: I-T officials clear doubts of NGOs on tax payments
- Two girls from Jeedimetla go missing
- Kavitha expresses disappointment over Guv rejecting MLC nominees
- A total oḟ 6654 applications received in Janata Darshan in state
- ACB court adjourns hearing on Naidu's bail and custody petition to tomorrow
- Telangana invites Sri Lanka Minister to lay foundation stone for Buddhavanam new project
- Delhi Liquor Scam: Apex Court to hear Kavitha’s petition today
Power looms in Sircilla get Rs 4.33 crore for modernisation
Power looms in Sircilla get Rs 4.33 crore for modernisation.The Central government has released Rs 4.33 crore under GO-84 for the modernisation of power looms in Sircilla.
Karimnagar: The Central government has released Rs 4.33 crore under GO-84 for the modernisation of power looms in Sircilla.In the united Andhra Pradesh, the previous government chose Sircilla for modernisation of ‘low technology power-looms’ to face the competition in textile industry.
‘Modernisation of Power Looms' scheme was started in November 2013 in Sircilla by the then Central Minister for Textiles Dr Kavuri Samba Shiva Rao.There are 40,000 power looms in Sircilla, out of which 35,000 looms are working with low technology.
Under the scheme, a subsidy of Rs 15,000 to Rs 1.20 lakh will be given to each loom for modernisation. The owners of the power looms who want to utilise this opportunity can apply at Power loom Textile Regional Centre in Bangalore or ‘Power-loom Service Centre’ in Hyderabad.